Equity Training Team
Equity Team Vision Statement:
All MPSI faculty, staff, and students will mindfully engage in culturally responsive interactions, interventions, and research practices in all the work we do and the services we provide.
Equity Team Mission Statement:
The Purpose of the MPSI Equity Committee is to encourage all MPSI faculty, staff, and students to (1) engage in ongoing deep reflection about equity and diversity, (2) seek out new interactive and immersive experiences to continually learn more about their own beliefs and biases, structural inequalities, and other cultures and identities; and (3) advocate to reduce social inequities through practice, research, and service.
MPSI is Commited to Mindful Engagement
The Equity Training Team will set expectations for all team members to meet regarding equity training and experiences. Additionally, they will plan annual and ongoing trainings for all MPSI faculty, staff, and students and make them aware of other training opportunities offered on campus and in the community.
Members of the Committee:
- Keith Herman, Co-Director of MPSI, Curators’ Distinguished Professor, Educational, School, and Counseling Psychology
- Wendy Reinke, Co-Director of MPSI, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Professor, Educational, School, and Counseling Psychology
- Aaron Thompson, Associate Director of MPSI, Director and Associate professor, School of Social Work
- Chynna McCall, IES Postdoctoral Fellow, MPSI
- David Aguayo, Senior Research Associate, MPSI
- Christa Copeland, Post-Doctoral Fellow, MPSI
- Tanya Weigand, Graduate Research Assistant, MPSI
- Wenxi Yang, Graduate Research Assistant, MPSI
- Mingming Huang, Graduate Research Assistant, MPSI
Work In Progress:
- Develop Equity Award(s) for MPSI students, faculties, and researchers who are actively engaged in practice, service, and research that promote equity
- Develop an equity goal setting form that the entire team will use to set individual equity-related goals and reflect throughout each semester
- Chynna McCall is developing the MPSI annual mandatory equity training that will be utilized by MPSI and FACE.
- Build community and create safe spaces for conversations relating to equity through small groups and/or buddy systems